You’ve heard about IC Markets and want to find out if it’s the right broker for you. As one of the largest forex and CFD brokers, IC Markets offers competitive spreads and a range of trading platforms for all skill levels. But is it really as good as it seems?
From their three powerful trading platforms to over 80 currency pairs and CFDs on stocks, indices, commodities, and cryptocurrencies, IC Markets aims to provide traders with everything they need to succeed. Not to mention fast execution speeds, 24-hour support, and the ability to trade on the go with their mobile apps.
In this article, we’ll give you the full details on everything IC Markets has to offer so you can decide if it’s where you want to place your trades. Whether you’re a beginner looking to get started or a pro wanting to optimize your trading experience, this IC Markets review will cover it all.
An Overview of IC Markets
IC Markets is one of the world’s leading Forex brokers. Established in 2007, IC Markets offers trading on currencies, indices, commodities, and stocks. They are regulated by top-tier authorities like ASIC and FSA, so you can trade with confidence.
IC Markets provides two main account types: Standard and Raw Spread. The Standard account has variable spreads and no commissions, suitable for most traders. The Raw Spread account offers tighter spreads and a small commission per lot. Both accounts give you access to their cutting-edge trading platforms and ECN model with no dealing desk intervention.
Trading with IC Markets means access to:
- Metatrader 4 and 5: Two of the most popular trading platforms with advanced charting and automation capabilities.
- 200+ tradable instruments: Trade CFDs on Forex, indices, commodities, stocks, bonds, and cryptocurrencies.
- Competitive pricing: Ultra-tight spreads and low commissions on their Raw Spread account.
- Fast execution: Their ECN model means no dealing desk intervention and execution speeds as fast as 0.01 seconds.
- 24/5 support: Their multilingual support team is available 24 hours a day, 5 days a week.
Overall, IC Markets is a reputable broker that provides a high-quality trading experience for active traders and investors. With competitive pricing, a range of account types, and support for the popular MT4/MT5 platforms, IC Markets has a lot to offer Forex and CFD traders.
Trading Platforms Offered by IC Markets
IC Markets offers two main trading platforms: MetaTrader 4 (MT4) and MetaTrader 5 (MT5). Both platforms are available on desktop, web, and mobile.
MT4 is the most popular forex trading platform in the world. It provides access to over 200 markets including forex, indices, commodities, and shares CFDs. With MT4, you get advanced charting features, expert advisors, and customizable layouts.
MT5 is the upgraded version of MT4. In addition to everything MT4 offers, MT5 gives you access to over 100 additional markets including bonds and ETF CFDs. It also has a built-in economic calendar and advanced pending order types like stop orders and trailing stops.
No matter which platform you choose, you’ll get ultra-fast trade execution, EAs, and the ability to place stop losses and take profits on all your trades. You can also access your account on any device and switch between platforms at any time.
IC Markets aims to provide the ultimate trading experience. Their platforms offer highly competitive spreads, no dealing desk intervention, and no restrictions on trading styles. So whether you prefer short-term day trading or long-term investing, IC Markets has you covered with the platforms and tools you need to trade your way.
Overall, IC Markets’ trading platforms provide an easy, intuitive, and feature-rich experience for traders of all skill levels. With low fees, 24/5 support, and a huge range of markets, it’s no wonder IC Markets is a top choice for forex and CFD traders worldwide.
IC Markets Review: Pros and Cons
IC Markets is a reputable and regulated broker, but like any broker, it has its pros and cons. Here are some of the main positives and negatives to consider with IC Markets:
- Low spreads and commissions: IC Markets is known for very competitive spreads and not charging any commissions. This can save active traders a lot of money over time.
- Wide range of markets: IC Markets offers a diverse range of markets to trade including forex, stocks, indices, metals, and cryptocurrencies. There are over 100+ tradable instruments to choose from.
- Multiple trading platforms: You can trade on MT4, MT5, cTrader, and the IC Markets mobile app. This provides flexibility to find a platform that suits your needs.
- High leverage: IC Markets offers high leverage up to 1:500 for forex trading. While leverage magnifies both gains and losses, it allows you to control larger positions with less capital.
- Higher risks: The high leverage and volatile markets mean there is a higher risk of losing money quickly if the market moves against your position. You need to manage risk carefully.
- Funding fees: Although IC Markets has low trading fees, their funding fees like wire transfers and credit/debit cards can be on the higher end. It may be best to make larger, less frequent deposits to minimize fees.
You already have ideas on IC Markets and everything you need to know about this popular broker. From their range of account types to suit different trading styles, IC Markets ticks a lot of boxes for traders looking for a new broker.
So, open an account and start enjoying some of the tightest spreads in the business. Hopefully, this small effort will be helpful for all of you to get an overall idea. Thank you all.